I. Eligibility The eligibility requirements of Long Ranch, Inc. are as follows:
1. A child must between the ages of six and nineteen years of age and not a high school graduate.
2. A child must, in the professional opinion of Long Ranch staff, be able to benefit from a basic care facility.
II. Admission process to Long Ranch includes the following:
1. Complete an application form, which can be completed over the phone verbally, emailed or mailed to one of the following addresses. Please include additional information requested on the cover sheet of the application.
2. Once all the information is in, our Child Care Team will review the information and contact you for an interview with the child and parent/guardian.
3. After the interview process, our Child Care Team will evaluate the applicant’s needs and make a preliminary decision regarding a preplacement visit. A preplacement visit consists of the child coming to the Ranch for a trial period to determine our ability to meet his or her needs and willingness to make this placement work. In some cases the preplacement visit may be waived.
4. If the child successfully completes a preplacement visit, he or she will be admitted to Long Ranch as a resident. If at any time we feel Long Ranch is not meeting the child’s needs, or the child is displaying inappropriate behavior while he or she is a resident, we can discharge the child from Long Ranch into your full responsibility and/or help facilitate a more appropriate placement.